Thursday, May 31, 2007

Research Paper:

1. Do you think your writing has improved overall by doing this paper? Explain.
For the paper, I think I really improved my writing. This is my first time to write several pages in English. At beginning, I did not know how I can write even I had many information. After, I write ideas one by one; that make me feel better with paper. But some ideas still make me to stop two days. I feel, writing in English, it is not really difficult. You have enough information and organization well, you can write every thing you want.


2. What are some of the skills you improved in while doing the paper?Actually, my grammar is not good. So when I wrote I avoid using “have + v-ed”, because I did not know how to use. But when I finished my paper, I know this grammar. I used this grammar. Of course, teachers helped me to understand better.
In addition, I learn how to paraphrase, source and reference. Sometimes, I did not know how to use own words to write. Paraphrase is really helpful. When I wrote I always forget to put source. I did not pay attention on source. I was not use to put source. But now, I always put source when I copy from somewhere, even in Chinese.


3. How do you feel about your paper?
Maybe my paper is not perfect, but it is great. I did my best on the paper. When the paper was finished, I felt a new baby born. I am so proud of my paper.



Presentations:

1. Did you enjoy listening to the presentations?
Yes, a lot. I really enjoy listening to my classmates’ presentations. They were fun. I can learn and review some knowledge form classmates’ presentations. For example, I never knew medical topics. But I learn some medical topics from Alina, Hajj and Khuloud. Alice’s topic, I already knew it; it still make interesting for me.


2. What did you learn about presentation techniques while listening to them?
When I listening to presentations, I was thinking what I can do and pay attention on when I do my presentation. I am the last four to did, which made me think too much, such as, language, thesis, introduction, topics and questions.


3. What did you learn during the process of preparing for your presentations? Nervous, it was really nervous. I saw many presentation, they were so wonderful. I feel I can not look like them. So when my classmates did their presentations, I felt nervous on the seat.


4. Were you satisfied with you own presentation?
Yes, I satisfied with my presentation. Usually, I feel nothing during own presentation. But this time, I really felt better than before. I could feel I am not nervous during the presentation, maybe, I was really nervous sever days. And my speaking also was not too bad, I felt.

1 comment:

mistone said...

Hello Yang, I am glad to hear you are proud of your work. You should be! And I can see that your writing has improved a lot from this blog. :-)